Select Page

My favorite ETF reads over the past week, along with my ETF tweet and chart of the week!

 

ESG ETFs Looking Polluted by Drew Voros

“The damage is that the liberal use of ‘ESG’ in ETF names is a disservice to ESG ETFs that are true to the calling.”

 

Hunt for Hottest Tickers Creates a New Gray Market on Wall Street by Katherine Greifeld

“To win a slice of the record billions pouring into the saturated $6.7 trillion U.S. ETF universe, therefore, a ticker is all-important.”

 

Advisors, What to Know About Bitcoin ETFs by Kate Stalter

“To some, putting Bitcoin in an ETF is like putting gasoline in a Tesla.”

 

Capital Group’s Active ETFs are Coming Soon by Todd Rosenbluth

“Capital Group’s entry into the ETF market, albeit late, will be a key milestone for active ETFs.”

 

These ETFs Offer Durable Dividends by Ben Johnson

“The not-so-secret ingredient in most dividend-growth ETFs’ selection criteria is a simple screen that sweeps in stocks based on their dividend track records.”

 

Active ETFs are nabbing a bigger share of fund flows by Ari Weinberg

“At the end of the day, the products have to solve investor needs.”

 

ETF Tweet of the Week:  Nearly 30 years after the first US-listed ETF launched, one of the last remaining holdouts will finally enter the ETF market.

 

ETF Chart of the Week:  The average asset-weighted fee across all mutual funds and ETFs is now less than half of what it was in 2000, primarily the result of investors and financial advisors aggressively seeking lower cost products.  Over the past 10 years, more than $5 trillion has flowed into the cheapest 20% of funds, while nearly $2 trillion has flowed out of the remaining 80%.

Link:  Morningstar’s Ben Johnson

 

Last Week’s ETF Buzz